UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-DILIMAN
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR ADMINISTRATION
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF A BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
- 1.1 To help the University Administration in its overall efforts to bring down the cost of electricity, water and telephone services.
- 1.2 To achieve and maintain safety and cleanliness in all buildings and facilities of the University.
2. GENERAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF A BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
- 2.1 Ensure proper and judicious usage of all utilities of the University electricity, water, and telephone specially those within his jurisdiction.
- 2.2 Check and monitor the physical condition, general upkeep and cleanliness of the building. its surroundings and its facilities.
- 2.3 To coordinate with custodial workers, personnel of the CMO and of such other pertinent offices necessary for the effective performance of there duties and responsibilities.
- 2.4 Offer suggestions and/or recommendations to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Administration on matters affecting building administration and utilities management.
3. SPECIFIC TASKS OF BUILDING ADMINISTRATORS ON WATER FACILITIES
- 3.1 Leaking faucets and/or busted water pipes should be reported immediately to CMO for immediate action.
- 3.1.2 In areas where water supply is not utilized during the night, the main water gate valve of the building should be shut off at 6:00 PM and reopened at 6:00 AM the next day.
- 3.1.3 Use of University water system for working private vehicles should be prohibited. Similarly, washing of clothes should not be allowed. Gardener must not leave their water hoses running continuously for hours just to water a small garden plot.
3.2 ON ELECTRICAL FACILITIES
- 3.2.1 Electrical problems should be reported immediately to CMO for immediate action. Such problems may be defective lighting facilities (e.g., busted electric bulbs, malfunctioning fluorescent lights), open or dangling wires, electric fans which are not properly functioning, etc.
- 3.2.2 After office hours, ocular inspection of each and every room should be conducted to see to it that all lighting facilities which are not use are switched off. When electrical facilities are not switched off after occupants have left and locked the room, the main switch may be switched off, if power supply for the building will not be adversely affected. Security lights should be put on/off on appropriate hours.
- 3.2.3 Use of electricity by non-UP users e.g., dry paper copiers should be monitored. See to it that only authorized equipment are plugged into the unit's electrical outlets.
3.3 ON AIR-CONDITIONING AND OTHER ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES/EQUIPMENT
- 3.3.1 Defective air conditioning units, including those that are running but not in good condition should be reported immediately to the CMO. Review periodically the service tags of each air conditioning unit within your jurisdiction and see to it that regular checkups by pertinent CMO personnel are carried out regularly.
- 3.3.2 Check other electrical appliances and equipment to ensure that they are properly functioning.
- 3.3.3 University and College guidelines on the use of air conditioners and other electrical appliances should be implemented. Report to the Dean, offices or individuals which do not follow any of the guidelines.
3.4 ON TELEPHONE FACILITIES
- 3.4.1 Report all PABX telephone troubles immediately to Mr. Gerry Perucho for proper action.
- 3.4.2 Report all PLDT phone troubles directly to PLDT for proper action and to be able to avail of the payment deductions due to defective telephone units. Request for the (employee)number of the person.
- 3.4.3 All areas within his jurisdiction, in and out of the building, should be regularly inspected to see to it that the assigned custodial workers are doing their job properly. Delinquent custodial workers should be reported directly to the Dean/Head of unit for proper action.
- 3.4.4 Waste receptacles should be requisitioned immediately for areas where they are needed or lacking.
4. PERIODIC REPORTS
- 4.1 Monthly reports of activities/accomplishments should be prepared and submitted to the OVCA.
5. ACCESSIBILITY OF THE BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
- 5.1 The building Administrator must be available during office hours and accessible even after office hours. His/her telephone number, if any, and his/her address must be on file at the administrative office of his/her unit.
- This page was last modified on 9 March 2010, at 10:32.
- This page has been accessed 19,003 times.