Frequently Asked Questions (UVLe)
 From Teachers and Students
1. Do I need to use my UP Webmail as my default email address on UVLe?
No. You may use an email address other than your UP Webmail account. Your UP Webmail login name and password are used only during login, only for authentication purposes.
2. I cannot access UVLe from within UP Dilnet. What can I do?
If there is a proxy exemption or proxy bypass for '*.up.edu.ph', remove it. (If there are others like *.upd.edu.ph, no need to remove those.) The technical reason for this is that uvle.up.edu.ph is currently located on the external network (i.e. on the Internet), and thus can only be accessed from within DILNET through UPD's proxy servers. (See also "Setting Proxy Exception" on Dilnet)
3. When I register for the first time, I'm asked to supply my email address. Does this email have to be UP Webmail address?
No. You may use any email address, especially the one that you usually use. The UP Webmail account is used primarily for authentication purposes.
4. I lost my UP Webmail account details. How can I retrieve them?
Please visit mail.up.edu.ph/lostpass. If it doesn't work, please visit the UP Computer Ctr for the reset. Bring your UP ID or Form 5.
 From Teachers
1. How can my students join the course on UVLe?
i. Log in at uvle.up.edu.ph using your UP Webmail / CRS account ii. Go to the individual course that either DILC or your department's course creator has created for you iii. Click on "Course Administration" | "Users" | "Enrollment Methods" | "Self Enrollment" iv. Set the Enrollment Key that you wish your students to use to enroll themselves in your UVLe course
2. How can I upload my files and share them with my students?
i. click on "Turn editing on" (on the upper left corner) | "Add a resource" | "File" ii. type in "Name" of file | "Select files" | "Upload a file" | Save
3. I want my students to upload their files (not send to me those files as attachments). How can I let my students do that with UVLe?
After logging in at UVLe using your UP Webmail account, go to your course and follow these steps:
i. Click on "Turn editing on" ii. Click on "Add an activity" under the relevant section iii. Under "Assignment", click on "Advanced uploading of files" (if you want your students to upload multiple files) or "Upload a single file"
Notes: * If you do not want any submission beyond a set deadline, enable "Prevent late submissions" option. * If you expect that a single submission involves a large file, adjust the upload size accordingly.
4. Who can create an UVLe course?
If a request is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, the DILC will create an UVLe course for any current faculty member of UP Diliman. Deans, department chairmen, College IT officers can also be authorized to create UVLe courses for their teachers.
5. What's the upload limit on UVLe?
For each file: 50Mb. No limit on the number of files. For files bigger than 50Mb, please see our torrent service.
6. How can I reuse my course?
You can reuse your course using this instruction. Reusing or reseting a course is better than starting a new one.
For more information:
 From Students
1. Is my temporary CRS account / student number (# YYYYXXXXX) the same as my UP Webmail account?
No, they're not the same. A temporary CRS account is given primarily for pre-enlist purposes. To get a UP Webmail account, you must go to 2nd Floor UP Computer Center and bring your current Form 5 or UP ID. It is open between 8am - 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
2. Why is my class not on UVLe?
Persuade your teacher to get on UVLe. Help is just an email away: email@example.com . To bone up, start with "Why UVLe for Teachers".
3. Why didn't I receive the Forum post from my teacher?
Please check the accuracy of your email address indicated in your Profile.
 From Course Creators
Aside from DILC staff, deans, department chairmen, college IT officers can be designated as course creators.
1. Why doesn't a teacher's name show in the list of potential users? I want to assign him as teacher of an UVLe course.
Let him register first at UVLe using his UP Webmail account. Only then will his name show up in the list of potential users.