Guidelines on the Conduct of Interns and OJTs at the DILC
- By default, internship or on-the-job training at DILC is not paid. However, for certain projects where students demonstrate high-level of skill, interns or trainees may be given token honoraria.
- Handle DILC equipment with care. Assume personal responsibility for it, as the equipment could be from your own parents' taxes.
- An intern is encouraged to keep a journal at UVLeio to document learning. Request an account from your supervisor.
 Group Work
- Learn basic teamwork skills.
- Whenever possible, commit codes and other output documents through a Git system at DILC. Consult your supervisor for your setup.
- Refrain from deleting anything unless with expressed permission from all groupmates and the Sysad, unless work is committed through a versioning system.
- Always backup files before applying changes.
- Document group process.
 Individual Tasks
- Use the Online OJT Activity Monitoring Sheet
- Backup everything before trying anything.
- Towards the end of one's internship or OJT, the intern or trainee is expected to present the training highlights of his stint at DILC.