Office of the Vice President for Administration
August 23, 2002
Memorandum No. MVG-02-76
To : All Chancellors
Subject : Implementing Guidelines for Special Leave Privileges of Employees Under the Collective Negotiation Agreement
The following gudelines shall govern the implementation of the Special Leave Privileges provided for under the Collective
Negotiation Agreement (CNA Agreement) entered into between the University and the All UP Workers Union on 19 April 2002.
1. All non-academic rand-and-file personnel, whether permanent, temporary, casual, or contractual, except those whose
functions are normally considered as policy determinings, managerial, or confidential in nature are entitled to the Special
Leave Privileges (SIL) provided for in the CNA.
- The following are excluded:
- a. President
- b. Vice-Presidents
- c. Assistant Vice-Presidents
- d. University Secretary and Assistant Secretary
- e. Chancellors
- f. Vice-Chancellors
- g. Deans
- h. Director of Units
- i. Division Heads/Department Chairs
- j. Division Heads of Administrative Offices
- k. Legal Officers
- l. Faculty
- m. Research, Extension and Professional Staff (REPS)
- n. All other high-level non-academic personnel
REPS, even though they perform administrative duties, are excluded from the coverage.
2. The SIL under Section 3, Article X of the CNA are inclusive of those granted by
the Omnibus Rules on Leave (as amended by CSC MC Nos. 41, s. 1998; 6 and 14, s. 1999). The CNA gives additional 3 days to
the 3-day SIL provided for under Civil Service Rules, for a total of 6 days pm non-cumulative, non-commutable SIL every year.
3. In accordance with Section 3, Article X of the CNA, the employees are entitled to a maximum of six (6) days
non-cumulative, non-commutable special leave privileges, to be used in any of the following:
- a. Birthdays: maximum of 1 day
- b. Emergencies/calamities, in case of earthquakes, typhoons, floods and other natural and/or man-made disasters,
calamities or accidents, subject to certification from the proper authorities;
- c. Enrollment and graduation of the employee or his/her child; attendance in school programs, PTA meetings, first communion, when a child of the employee is involved: Maximum of 2 days;
- d. Medical needs/hospitalization of the employee or the immediate members of his/ her family;
- e. Weddings and honeymoons;
- f. Wedding anniversaries, death anniversaries: maximum of 1 day;
- g. Relocation: Maximum of 2 days and subject to the submission of a certification from the barangay captain of the place where the employee relocated;
- h. Burial/mourning, in case of death of the employees' spouse, any of his/her children, parents, brothers, or sisters;
- i. Domestic emergencies, such as urgent repairs at home, sudden absence of a maid: Maximum of 3 days; and
- j. Government transactions: Maximum of 3 days.
- This page was last modified on 29 October 2010, at 09:34.
- This page has been accessed 5,453 times.