This app aims to be a platform for learning about risks associated with earthquakes. Linog (Visayan for "earthquake") is produced by DILC (Diliman Interactive Learning Center, University of the Philippines), in cooperation with PHILVOCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology) and ASTI (Advanced Science and Technology Institute).
Shortcut to this page: dilc.info/linog
Linog is available on Google Play
- Mark Angelo Yadao (Android)
- Dan Villareal
- Darwin Gonzales
- Kevin Aganus (graphics)
- Peter A. Sy (consultant)
- direct XML parsing of seimic data
- fail-over data feeds
- iOS version
- interactive infographics
- aggregation of crowd-sourced reports from social media using keywords from local languages
- rescue beacon system that enables Linog users to register their last known locations in an area where there's intense earthquake
- user-fed seimic readings using phone's accelorometer
- This page was last modified on 29 May 2014, at 23:33.
- This page has been accessed 17,100 times.