This page outlines possible ways in which iskWiki! can be used.
Uses for Everyone at UP
- a community portal
- a means to update the community
- university history, facts and figures
- biographical information on important UP people
- archival of UP event-related materials (posters, audio and video clips, etc)
Uses for Students
- information on student groups
- information on student sponsored events
- documentation for group projects
- archival of student theses
Uses for Faculty
- a collaborative environment for class projects
- showcase of class output (photo gallery, essays, video projects and so on)
- publication of research and teaching interests
- publication of abstracts, pre-prints, reports
- platform for collaborative writing with colleagues (the faculty may choose when and which part to publish)
- documentation of artistic processes and products
- archiving of multimedia output
Uses for Researchers
- profile of research projects
- update on research progress to invite open collaboration and feedback
- work together on a document, and restrict public access before you're ready to share it
- project documentation. While findings may eventually end up as publication or report to funders, a good deal of useful materials that are not included in final reports or publications need to archived or shared with colleagues.
- archival of data sets
Uses for University Administrators
- platform for university-wide collaboration
- codification of administrative roles and functions
- documentation of "institutional memories"
- formulation of operations manual
- dissemination of university policies
- publication of updates, newsletters
- quick or on-the-fly aggregation of data (proof of concept: list of publications from some faculty)
- quickly compile curricular programs (see example)
When iskWiki! is not for you
- not a glamour page for your cat
- not a platform for blogging
- not for twittering
- This page was last modified on 24 August 2012, at 14:15.
- This page has been accessed 23,634 times.