The Supervisory Team for Private Security or STPS is a unit under the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Community Affairs whose functions are as follow:
- 1. To supervise all private security agency guards assigned within the U.P. Diliman Campus, and help ensure strict compliance, by the agencies concerned, with their respective contract for security services with the University;
- 2. Under this provision, the Team shall conduct the daily [every shift] formation, roll call and briefing of the private security agency guards re: duties and responsibilities with emphasis on diligence, courtesy, discipline and service to clientele-U.P. administration officials, faculty, students and personnel; To monitor the security guards actual delivery/performance of security services at their assigned posts;
- 3. To coordinate with, including but not limited to, heads of units/ colleges, the UPDP, the Detachment Commanders of both security agencies, and their respective Presidents and General Managers, on all matters relative to safety and security;
- 4. To devise measures that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the guards of the private security agency;
- 5. To evaluate the Security Agency's monthly performance including, but not limited to, their daily deployment, breaches in discipline; losses, injuries, and damages, both to persons and facilities, occurring within their respective areas of responsibility;
- 6. To regularly submit weekly and monthly evaluation reports, including reports on emergency cases, which should be submitted the soonest time after the occurrence of the emergency.
The office is situated at the National Institute of Phyics and is presently headed by Prof. Elvin Ebreo
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2012, at 11:09.
- This page has been accessed 708 times.