This page outlines the initiatives and challenges in teaching and learning with technology at the University of the Philippines.
Why integrate technology in teaching and learning
- Educational technologies help students acquire some of the skills necessary in the "real world"
- With the aid of technology, teachers can ease up instructional routines and manage classes more effectively
Initiatives in technology integration at UP
Challenges to the use of technology in teaching and learning at UP
- Misconceptions about information technology
- highly uneven ICT infrastructure on campus (e.g., this)
- the tendency to overemphasize "volume" of subject matter being taught over how students learn such matter and over the totality of learning experience