The University of the Philippines Anime Manga Enthusiasts (UP AME) is a College of Arts and Letters based non-political and non-sectarian organization which aims to gather anime and manga enthusiasts all over UP Diliman. The organization also exists to provide an atmosphere for an open exchange of ideas and share in-depth information on the nature of anime and manga.
 Timeline and History
November 2000 UP AME founded, around the height of the Anime Explosion on GMA 7. Before AME was formed, there were two organizations in UP Diliman that were somewhat related to anime:
1. Anime at Arki - though some of their members were not from UP Diliman, they organized film showings (marathons) at Architecture, Eng’g Building.
2. UP TOMO KAI - UP AME's mother organization. A small group from TOMO KAI formed UP AME: Kristin Mandigma (1st UP AME president), MM Norada, Mean Guiao.
November 26, 2000
- The original constitution was ratified.
November 27, 2000
- CAL approval of recognition.
November 28, 2000
- 1st GA, with around 120 people.
2nd Semester, AY 2000-2001 (1st Semester of Existence)
- 1st Acquaintance Party - Held at the lagoon
- Members cosplayed during the lantern parade
- Start of normalization of activities.
- Only 35 members were left active.
- President: MM Norada.
- Projects: Film Showings.
- 1st Anniversary Activities: Filmshowing, Exhibit, Road Painting, Fanart Contest (Theme: Rain and Candy).
- 1st Batch of Applicants: D' Best
- UP AME made the lantern of CAL for UP Lantern Parade - Voltes V (theme: World Peace).
- Year was uneventful, there were only filmshowings and bonding activities.
- UP AME accepted applicants only during the 2nd sem.
- 2nd Batch of Applicants: Twooth. Amy Lou Simon (Batch Head), Asedillo Molina (Asst. Head).
- 2nd Anniversary: TsunAME; The same as the previous activities, with the addition of Anime Trivia and Karaoke Contest.
- 1st AME ACLE - "School Systems as Reflected in Anime"
- Change of constitution (2003). Due to technicalities, the constitution was illegally used. Constitution was based on UP TOMO KAI’s consti
- Bryan Bibat (President).
- 6 committees became 8 committees: Properties Committee & Documentations Committee (split from Academic Committee), Alumni Relations and Extension Services Committee, Finance Committee & Marketing Committee (split from a stand-alone Finance Committee), Publicities Committee, Membership Committee and Logistics Committee (previously Socio-Civics Committee).
- Application period was changed from 2nd semester to 1st semester.
- 3rd Batch of Applicants: 3sam. Rachel Macarandang (batch head), Marco Antonio Sy and Michael Ronquillo (Asst. Batch Heads).
- 2nd ACLE - "Cosplay 101 [Anime Cosplaying in the Philippines]"
- Annie Mae, the mascot of UP AME was born! With Buru-Buru (blue-blue), the blue droplet, they are the characters you see on most of UP AME publicity materials, even on the layout of his website.
- Christmas Party (theme: Drag).
- New constitution was used, Alexander Maximo was elected president for the following AY.
- Advisers: Wendell Capili (went to Australia to take PhD), Ruth Jordana Pison, Katrina Paradina (coadviser).
- 4th Batch of Applicants FOURno. Nice Ignacio (Batch Head), Andrae Banaag and Mark Abrahan (Asst. Batch Heads)
- 1st Sem ACLE - "Japanese History Reflected in Anime"
- 4th Anniversary (MAJOR PROJECT): Una kAME!!, The First Ever Collegiate Anime Fair in the Philippines! Celebrated on December 4, 2004.
- Christmas Party (theme: High School)
- Elected president for the following AY: Risha Lopez
- 5th Batch of Applicants 5nads. Alisson Labor (Batch Head), Erica Liz Bautista and Mic Chua (Asst. Batch Heads)
- 1st Sem ACLE - "Understanding Yaoi, Yuri, Hentai"
- 2nd Sem ACLE - "Shinigami DeCLASSified"
- 5th Anniversary (MAJOR PROJECT): kAME Ulit!!, The Premier Collegiate Anime Fair in the Philippines! Celebrated on November 26, 2005.
- Christmas Party (theme: Prom)
- Elected president for the following AY: Denise Cheska Enriquez
- 6th Batch of Applicants: Sechs. Dale Avila (Batch Head), Szusza Velasco and Regine Carandang (Asst. Batch Heads)
- 1st Sem ACLE - "The Matsuri Festival"
- 2nd Sem ACLE - "Literature in Anime"
- 6th Anniversary (MAJOR PROJECT): AME Matsuri. Celebrated on December 9, 2006
- Christmas Party (theme: Children's Party)
- Elected president for thefollowing AY: Ma. Ana Micaela Chua
- 7th Batch of Applicants: She-men. Diego Manansala (Batch Head), Daniel Devela and Frances Lowe (Asst. Batch Heads)
- 1st Sem ACLE - "Gakuensai"
- 2nd Sem ACLE - "Anime and Politics"
- 7th Anniversary (MAJOR PROJECT): AME Gakuensai. Celebrated on November 24, 2007
- Christmas Party (theme: Out of Character)
- ARESCOM held the first AMEGrand Alumni Homecoming at Daza Park, Camp Aguinaldo on February 16, 2008
- Elected president for the following AY: Ronald Rey Apostol
- 8th Batch of Applicants: Eight-chi.