|University of the Philippines, Diliman-Extension Program in Pampanga|
Unibersidad ng Pilipinas Diliman-Programang Ekstensyon sa Pampanga (?)
|Established|| 1908 (System)|
|Motto||Honor and Excellence|
|Type||National University (officially Degree-Granting Unit)|
|Director||Dr. Florencia Charito Sebastian|
|Chancellor||Dr. Caesar Saloma|
|Hymn||UP Naming Mahal|
|Location||Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Pampanga|
The University of the Philippines' Extension Program in Pampanga (UPEPP), formerly known as UP Extension Program in San Fernando, was created by the BOR at its 911th meeting on February 22, 1979. At its 915th meeting on June 28, 1979, the BOR confirmed the memorandum of Agreement between UP and the Province of Pampanga providing for the establishment of the said extension program. UPEPP first held its classes in a six-room, two-storey building of a local high school. But after the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1990 and the subsequent flooding in San Fernando, the school moved to different sites. Committed to be the state university for the region, UP Pampanga has made considerable headway since then. It is now the intellectual capital of Region 3.
UP Pampanga brings excellent higher education from its perch in Diliman right into the heart of the Clark Special Economic Zone. UPEPP embodies the ideals of the University: academic excellence, academic freedom, social awareness. UP is almost always expected to lead various activities in Region III - whether it be scholastic, civic or socio-cultural.
- University of the Philippines, Diliman
- University of the Philippines, Extension Program in Olongapo
- University of the Philippines, Extension Program in Pampanga
- University of the Philippines, Manila-UPSHS Leyte
- University of the Philippines, Manila-UPSHS Aurora
- University of the Philippines, Visayas-Cebu College
- University of the Philippines, Visayas-Tacloban College
- This page was last modified on 11 June 2012, at 08:51.
- This page has been accessed 11,713 times.