This game takes words from a glossary or quiz short-answer questions and generates a cryptex puzzle. It is like a crossword puzzle but the answers are hidden inside a random cryptex.
Here's its demo page for students on UVLe.
How to add Cryptex to an UVLe course
1. In your course page, click Turn Editing on
2. Add an activity by clicking the Add an activity or resource
3. Under Activity Menu particularly on Games activity, select Cryptex then click Add button
You will be redirected to the Games Activity Settings page
4. Activity Name - it is user-defined
5. Source of questions - choose:
- glossary - if there is an existing glossary on your course page
- quiz - quiz that consists of short answer questions
6. Edit Cryptex Options
7. Click Save and display to view your game. Enjoy!