J. Prospero E. De Vera III
Dr. J. Prospero E. De Vera III is the incumbent Vice President for Public Affairs of the University of the Philippines. A full professor of public administration, he previously served as director of the U.P. Center for Policy & Executive Development (CPED) and the UP Center for Leadership, Citizenship and Democracy (CLCD). Before joining the academe, he worked as a technical assistant, chief-of-staff, senior consultant and senior adviser to Senate President Nene Pimentel, Senate Presidents Protempore Sotero Laurel, Leticia Ramos-Shahani, and Juan Flavier, and Senators Gringo Honasan and Ramon Magsaysay Jr. Dr. De Vera also spent time working at the California State Legislature in the United States.
He earned his Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) degree from the University of the Philippines and went to the Univeristy of Southern California and California State University-Sacramento as a visiting scholar under a Fulbright-Hayes Scholarship. He was Senior Fulbright Visiting Professor/Fellow at the Johns Hopkins University from 2000-2001.
Professor De Vera is an internationally recognized political analyst whose views are regularly sought by foreign and local media.
- Doctor of Public Administration (DPA), University of the Philippines
- Special Studies in Government, California State University - Sacramento
- M.A. Social Studies, De La Salle University
- A.B (History and Political Science), University of the Philippines
- Vice President for Public Affairs, University of the Philippines
- Former Director, U.P. Center for Policy and Executive Development, UP-NCPAG
- Former Director, Center for Leadership, Citizenship and Democracy, UP-NCPAG
- PA 208 - Philippine Administrative Systems
- PA 244 - The Policy Process
- PA 329 - Special Problems in Public Administration & National Development
- PA 324 - Special Problems in the Administration of Social Development
- PA 291 - Special Course on the Philippine Legislature