Carmencita P. Del Villar, Ph.D.
PhD Communication College of Mass Communication, UP Diliman, 2002 MA Speech Communication UP Diliman, 1978 BA Speech and Drama UP Diliman, 1971
Mind-Body Communication Technique: An Alternative Way of Learning and Teaching Confidence in Public Speaking. University of the Philippines Press, Diliman, Quezon City. September 2006.
An Experiment on the Use of Selective Visualization Technique as a Way of Preventing Anxiety Contagion in the Classroom. Philippine Humanities Review. College of Arts and Letters, University of the Philippines. December 2005.
Communication Apprehension: A Survey of Studies, Techniques, and Treatments. Philippine Humanities Review. College of Arts and Letters, University of the Philippines. 2007.
Papers Read, Lectures Delivered, Conferences Attended
SPACE European Network for Business Studies and Languages 19th Annual General Meeting and Conference Valencia, Spain, April 7-12, 2008
- Paper presented – Conquering Communication Apprehension in Oral Presentations: A Guide for Teachers
A Seminar-Workshop on Mind-Body Communication Technique for High School teachers and students, October 13, 2007, UP National Institute for Science and Mathematics Education Development (NISMED) Auditorium
- Lecture presented – The Mind-Body Communication Technique as a means of enhancing confidence
World Communication Association Conference. Brisbane, Australia, July 27 – 31, 2007.
- Paper – The Ballroom Dancing Culture as Reflected in the Communication Behavior of a Group of Non-Professional Dancers.
14th Annual EDiNEB International Conference. Renaissance Penta Vienna, Austria. June 20-22, 2007.
- Paper presented – Conquering Communication Apprehension in Oral Presentations in the Workplace.
Meeting of the Minds: Bridging the Quantitative and Qualitative Divide. Bulwagang Tandang Sora, College of Social Work and Community Development, UP Diliman. March 26, 2007.
Speech Festival 2006 A Symposium Workshop on Reframing the Teaching of Speech Communication in the Philippines. University of the Philippines, Diliman, October 14, 2006.
- Paper presented – “ Mind-Body Communication Technique as an Alternative Way of Teaching Confidence in Public Speaking”.
The Second Education Congress on the Occasion of World Teachers’ Day. Bangkok, Thailand, October 5-7, 2006.
- Book presented: Mind-Body Communication Technique as an Alternative to Learning and Teaching Confidence in Public Speaking”
Counseling Psychology – Healing and Growth. Department of Psychology, Ateneo de Manila University. April 2006.
International Convention of Asia Scholars, Shanghai, China, August 20-24, 2005.
- Paper accepted for presentation – “Reassessment of the Mind-Body Communication Technique”.
World Communication Association’s 18th Biennial Conference – Communication and Global Cultures: Transforming Communities at the Sapporo Convention Center, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, August 5 – 11, 2005.
- Paper presented – “The Young Filipino Adults’ Perspective of Themselves Amidst the Heavy Influence of Globalization”
- Member of the Board of Reviewers
- Moderator on the program on “Research in Intercultural Communication Education”
World Communication Association – Culture, Self, and Communication: Teaching, Research, and Practice California State University, San Bernardino, Palm Desert, California, August 5 – 7, 2004. Paper presented – “The East Asian Perspective on Self and Communication Behaviors: The Filipino Perspective” and “An Experiment on the Use of Selective Visualization Technique as a Way of Preventing Anxiety Contagion in the Classroom”.
Other duties in the conference:
- Member of the Board of Paper Reviewers
- Chairman of Session #7A Communication Practices for Diverse Learners
ICOPHIL – International Conference on Philippine Studies in Leiden, the Netherlands, July 16 to 19, 2004. Paper presented – “Latest Assessment of the Mind-Body Communication Technique”.
Seameo-Unesco Education Congress and Expo in Bangkok, Thailand, May 26 t 30, 2004. Paper presented - “Audio Taped Instruction for Confidence Building”