Difference between revisions of "Department of Linguistics"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 02:20, 18 September 2009
The Department of Linguistics of the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy in U.P. Diliman was established in August 28, 1922. Its first name was Department of Philippine Linguistics. It was renamed Department of Oriental Languages in 1924, Department of Oriental Languages and Linguistics in 1963, Department of Linguistics and Asian Languages in 1973, and finally Department of Linguistics in 1983. The primary aim of the department since its founding has been the scientific study, preservation and promotion of the Philippine languages through teaching, field research and publication.
(As of 1st Semester AY 2009-2010)