How to conduct a live web meeting via UVLe
This web meeting feature of UVLe is an alpha release. Use with caution. Your feedback is most welcome.
Steps for the UVLe Teacher
The UVLe teacher may initiate a web meeting with his students. The online meeting involves live video and audio feeds as well as live presentations and whiteboards. Stages include:
1. The teacher logs in, clicks on "Turn editing on", Adds an activity and clicks on "Dimdim Web Meetings"
Note: Critical information (like starting time of the meeting) must be saved.
2. The teacher tells the UVLe Support Team (email@example.com) to start the web meeting.
Note: Future versions no longer requires telling the UVLe administration to start a web meeting.
3. UVLe Support Team specifies the room name, host and meeting key to participants of the web meeting.
Steps for the UVLe Student
1. Shortly before the scheduled time of web meeting, the student should log in at UVLe and enter his online class to be able to join the web meeting.
Note: i. If the meeting has not been started yet, the student should see the notice asking him to wait. Otherwise, he might be in a wrong class (among other reasons). ii. If the meeting has already started before a student entered, a different room, meeting name, and host key are given. But the student should overwrite it using the information given by the teacher or the UVLe Support Team.
2. Join the meeting.
- up to 5 mics at one time but can be rotated by the presenter
- up to 2 simultaneous cameras can be broadcast (one for the presenter)
- up to 20 participants (although the drop-down box reached 500. will have to test and reach 20+ participants and see what happens.