How to share your files via Bittorrent
You may use BitTorrent to efficiently distribute huge DILC media files, huge files (greater than the UVLe limit of 32MB) whose license you yourself own, files that are meant for redistribution (e.g., open source files, creative commons). Here's how:
- Step 1: Using your favorite bittorrent client, create a .torrent file by
- selecting a file that you want to share and
- individually adding the following torrent trackers:
For greater stability, you may also add the ff:
Please write the appropriate description of the file you are sharing.
- Step 2: Open the resulting .torrent file, using your torrent client.
- Step 3: Distribute the resulting .torrent file by doing any or all of the following:
- sending the resulting .torrent file to people you want to share the source file with (your students, friends, family members)
- uploading the .torrent file to your UVLe course site
- uploading it to some torrent trackers or indexers out there
- For better sharing experience, encourage the people you share your files with to maintain a ratio of at least 1 for each file they got via BitTorrent.
- If you (or other members of your group) DO NOT post your .torrent file in any publicly accessible sites, the files you're sharing may not be publicly searchable and therefore their distribution or access will be limited only to your group.