iskWiki! is an open-purpose community wiki of the University of the Philippines. Hosted by the Diliman Interactive Learning Center, it is a platform for online collaboration. Coined by its developer, Jastinne Cesar Macalalad, iskWiki! is a portmanteau: isko/iska - refers to "Iskolar ng Bayan" (as the students of the University are sometimes referred to) + wiki. Login access uses the UP Webmail Account.
iskWiki! was launched in February 16, 2009 (view President Roman's video, Chancellor Cao's message, DILC's press release)
<video image="" caption="_">Image:IskwikiPERR.flv</video>
Know more about the uses of iskWiki!!
By far iskWiki contains mostly profiles of student organizations and some faculty members, student theses, posts on events, video and audio files. It has received unique 603,402 pageviews between 16 February 2009 (its launching) and 5 August 2011.
Jastinne Cesar Macalalad (Design and Customization)
Wen Moralejo (Product Manager)
Peter A. Sy (Project Management)
John Lemar Magbitang Tirao (Templates)
Recently Completed Features
- media playlist player (see example)
- the DILC Uploader - enables iskWiki users to upload large files, especially theses
- "User Group"-only view and edit
- read-only flipbooks
- Templates for book, lab manual, etc.
- License-specific publication (creative commons, copyright, etc)
- iskWiki! Health Dashboard (stats on edits by users, most edited pages, most-linked pages, etc)
- Academics, in New Move, Begin to Work With Wikipedia
- Journalism students turn to Wikipedia to publish stories
- The Life Cycle of Corporate Wikis: An Analysis of Activity Patterns
- Governing and authorship models at Wikipedia and Britannica
- Who's Messing with Wikipedia? The back-and-forth behind controversial entries could help reveal their true value
- Wikipedia and the Meaning of Truth: Why the online encyclopedia's epistemology should worry those who care about traditional notions of accuracy
- Good Faith Collaboration: The Culture of Wikipedia