Maria Ela L. Atienza
Maria Ela L. Atienza, PhD. She is an associate professor in the Department of Political Science, College of Social Sciences and Philosophy, UP Diliman, where she has been teaching since 1993. She teaches courses on local governance and devolution, political analysis, political dynamics, and comparative politics. She is also fellow at the Institute for Strategic and Development Studies. She was the Director of the Third World Studies Center (TWSC) from May 2010 to April 2013. She also served as Editor of Kasarinlan: Philippine Journal of Third World Studies within that period. She had also previously served as deputy director of TWSC from 2007-2010 and president of the Philippine Political Science Association from 2007-2008. Her research involvements and publications focus on local governance, democratization, devolution, health politics, human security, and women empowerment.
- Ph.D. Political Science, Kobe University, Japan
- M.A. International & European Relations, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- B.A.-M.A. Political Science (Honors), University of the Philippines
- POLSC 11 (Introduction to Political Science)
- POLSC 110 (Political Analysis)
- POLSC 199 (Research Methods in Political Science)