Onofre D. Corpuz
Template:Expand Onofre D. Corpuz (born December 1, 1926) is a Filipino scientist noted for his contributions to the fields of political science and Philippine social and economic history.
- A.B., University of the Philippines, 1950
- M.A., University of Illinois, 1953
- M.P.A., Harvard University, 1955
- Ph. D. (Pol Econ and Gov't), Harvard University, 1956
- Ph. D. honoris causa. Royal Chulalongkorn University, 1976
Career and Contributions
Onofre D. Corpuz's researches were distinguished by their fidelity to the facts and a disdain for unsubstantiated claims, characteristics which brandish the reliability of his work. Corpuz was also famous for possessing the courage to challenge existing orthodoxies and familiar interpretations.
He was elected as Academician in 1999, and later conferred as [National Scientist in 2004.