Equipment: Lenovo SL400 and the Dokodemo CD
Preparing the laptop 1. Connect the UTP cable to the laptop 2. Connect the projector, microphone and the speaker connectors 3. Make sure Dokodemo CD is inside the laptop 4. Switch on the laptop 5. Allow the SOI Asia Dokodemo CD to load
Preparing the network connection 1. System > Administration > Network 2. Click on New > Forward > Forward > Statically set IP addresses:
Address: 18.104.22.168 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 Default gateway address: 22.214.171.124
3. Click on Forward > Apply 4. Click on the [x] to close the window and click on Yes to save your changes , then click on ok
Setting up the DNS 1. System > Administration > Network 2. Click on the DNS tab
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199 Secondary DNS: 20292.128.249
3. Click on the [x] to close the window and click on Yes to save your changes, then click on ok
Testing the connection 1. Applications > System Tools > Terminal 2. type - ping www.google.com 3. If you see the following message, the connection is good. If not - please contact DILNET and ask for help.
64 bytes from hk-in-f147.google.com (188.8.131.52): icmp_seq=1 ttl=243 time=65.1ms
4. Press CTRL-C 5. Click on the [x] to close the window
Connecting to Japan 1. Right click on the red VPN square located at the top of the desktop. 2. Click on Connect soiasia 3. Type the following information in the window: Username: satellite Passphrase: JCSAT 4. The red button should now be a green VPN square
Preparing the Audio 1. Click on
Preparing the Video 1. Click on the VIC SOI Asia icon on the desktop 2. Type the following information:
- rtpName: University of the Philippines
3. Click on Accept 4. You should now see the videos of the different sites connected to SOI 5. Click on Menu 6. Click on Device > V4L2-PointNix Intra-Oral Camera /dev/video1 (this is the first option) 7. Under the encoder Menu, click on h261as 8. Click on Transmit. 9. You should be able to see the video feed from UP in the first window together with the other sites.
Preparing the chat for technical support 1. Click on 2.