Equipment: Lenovo SL400 and the Dokodemo CD
Preparing the laptop 1. Connect the UTP cable to the laptop 2. Connect the projector, microphone and the speaker connectors 3. Make sure Dokodemo CD is inside the laptop 4. Switch on the laptop 5. Allow the SOI Asia Dokodemo CD to load
Preparing the network connection 1. System > Administration > Network 2. Click on New > Forward > Forward > Statically set IP addresses:
Address: 184.108.40.206 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 Default gateway address: 220.127.116.11
3. Click on Forward > Apply 4. Click on the [x] to close the window and click on Yes to save your changes , then click on ok
Setting up the DNS 1. System > Administration > Network 2. Click on the DNS tab
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168 Secondary DNS: 20292.128.249
3. Click on the [x] to close the window and click on Yes to save your changes, then click on ok
Testing the connection 1. Applications > System Tools > Terminal 2. type - ping www.google.com 3. If you see the following message, the connection is good. If not - please contact DILNET and ask for help.
64 bytes from hk-in-f147.google.com (22.214.171.124): icmp_seq=1 ttl=243 time=65.1ms
4. Press CTRL-C 5. Click on the [x] to close the window
Connecting to Japan 1. Right click on the red VPN square located at the top of the desktop. 2. Click on Connect soiasia 3. Type the following information in the window: Username: satellite Passphrase: JCSAT 4. The red button should now be a green VPN square
Preparing the Audio 1. Click on "Rat Common Audio Channel SOI Asia" icon on the desktop 2. Click on Options button 3. Click on Category: Audio 4. Set Audio Device to: ALSA 1:HDA Intel 5. Click on apply 6. Set to External Mic 7. To transmit audio - click on Talk.
To test the microphone and adjust sound 1. System > Preferences > Hardware > Sound 2. Audio Conferencing:
Sound Playback - Autodetect - Click Test - you should hear a continuous beep - make sure to connect the speakers Sound Capture - HDA Intel CONEXANT Analog (ALSA) - you should hear yourself talking - make sure to connect the microphone jack
3. System > Preferences > Hardware > Volume Control
Adjust the Master and the Dosking Mic levels
- You can also adjust the volume by clicking on the speaker icon at the top-right part of the desktop
Preparing the Video 1. Click on the "VIC SOI Asia" icon on the desktop 2. Type the following information:
- rtpName: University of the Philippines
3. Click on Accept 4. You should now see the videos of the different sites connected to SOI 5. Click on Menu 6. Click on Device > V4L-PointNix Intra-Oral Camera /dev/video1 (this is the third option in the list) 7. Under the Encoder section, click on h261as 8. Click on Transmit. 9. You should be able to see the video feed from UP in the first window together with the other sites.
Preparing the chat for technical support 1. Click on SOI Asia IPv6 IRC - Chatzilla 2.Click on SOI > Change nickname > then type UP 3. The link for the live presenter will be sent here. Address all technical concerns in this application - look for Yoo or James
Connecting to the VideoLan Feed 1. Click on the "VideoLan HD Channel SOI ASia" icon on the desktop