Difference between revisions of "University Student Council"
|(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 67:||Line 67:|
Latest revision as of 06:32, 11 July 2019
Elected through popular votes, the UP Diliman University Student Council (USC) is the highest student body on campus.
University of the Philippines Diliman
University Student Council
Academic Year 2019-2020
- Chairperson: Sean Angelo Thakur
- Vice Chairperson: Kenneth Eser Jose
- Owen Andal
- Froilan Cariaga
- Kierra Carlobos
- Marco Dava
- Gemina De la Cruz
- Hernan Delizo
- Richard Pagaduan
- Renzo Relente
- Jesus Reyna III
- Tierone Santos
- Van Sulitas
- Jeremiah Velmonte
- College Representatives
- AC: Kristine Calleja
- AIT: Andrea Ocampo
- Arki: Lee Apostol
- CAL: Stefanie Regaspi
- CBA: Jezrel Bugtas
- CFA: Audrey Rendora
- CHE: John Ray Dionisio
- CHK: Enzo Espinosa
- CMC: Liah Gomez
- CS: Iza Dolores
- CSSP: Joshua Dy
- CSWCD: Ralph Revilla
- Econ: Jeremy Magpantay
- Eduk: Kris Miranda
- Engg: Ichan Delos Santos
- Engg: Paul Redillas
- Law: Karlo Abuda
- Music: Dominique Jhocson
- NCPAG: Aldrin Nera
- Stat: Kyle Pacolor
- SURP: Arvin Agapay
- TMC: Tobey Rabino
- Standing Committees
- Secretariat Committee: Coun. Pagaduan
- Finance Committee: Rep. Rabino
- Ways and Means Committee: Rep. De Los Santos
- Mass Media Committee: Coun. Velmonte
- Special Standing Committees
- Students' Rights and Welfare Committee: Rep. Brandares
- Environmental Concerns Committee: Coun. Alinea
- Dormitories and Student Services Committee: Rep. Adviento
- Community Rights and Welfare Committee: Rep. Futalan
- Committee on Organizations, Fraternities and Sororities: Coun. Agudo
- People's Struggle Committee: Coun. Abad
- Committee on Policy Reforms, Constitutional Amendments and Revision of Codes and Rules: Coun. Geronimo
- Sports, Fitness and Health Committee: Rep. Santos
- Students' Legal Aid and Assistance Committee: Rep. Yambot
- Education and Research Committee: Rep. Cerda
- Gender Committee: Rep. Cayabyab
- Freshmen Committee: Rep. Botiwey
- Committee on the Culture and the Arts: Rep. Guibani
- Academic Concerns Committee: Rep. Borja
- Vinzons' Hall Ad Hoc Committee: Rep. del Rosario and Rep. Eslita
The University Student Council of the University of the Philippines Diliman (Filipino: Ang Konseho ng Mag-aaral ng Unibersidad ng Pilipinas Diliman) is the official student representative body of the Philippines' premiere institution of higher learning. As such, it represents the interests of the students within and outside the University. The University Student Council, also known as USC, exists to represent UP students in various affairs of the University, acting as the voice of students in the local, national, and international issues.
As the highest student representative body in the university, the USC is composed of members elected amongst the student body, mandated to organize and direct campaigns and activities to defend and promote students’ rights, and improve the students’ general welfare. Furthermore, it provides direct services to the student body.
Reflecting the collegiate nature of the University of the Philippines itself, USC is both an association of UP's more than 28,000 individual students and a federation of the different college student councils in UP that represent all undergraduate and graduate students.
1913: The Student Council of UP was instituted under the auspices of UP President Barlett. Manuel Tabora of the UP College of Law was the first Chairman of the Student Council.
October 6, 1913: The USC participated in the popular demonstration in honor of Governor-General Harrison.
December 15, 1917: First student protest against a Manila police captain and his men for arresting Victoriano Yamzon during the first University Day. The police have mistaken the 1st Editor of College Folio as part of an unruly crowd.
March 12, 1918: First protest of Freshmen. They petitioned to Board of Regents to extend their scholarship
July 17, 1918: Students led by Carlos P. Romulo and Jose Romero held a rally from UP to Sta Cruz Bridge at The Manila Times office to protest the editorial of the newspaper criticizing UP President Ignacio Villamor
January 21, 1921: The Executive Committee (EC) of the University approved a memorandum embodying the idea of creating an inter-collegiate student council.
1922: The EC approved the adoption by the student body of a so-called "bill of rights of the USC." It would take two more years before the constitutional convention for the creation of a USC would take place.
September 27, 1924: UP President Rafael Palma revived the University Student Council (USC). The student fund was Php 1.50. The first projects of the USC were the establishment of the post office building and awarding of scholarships and medals to outstanding students.
9818500 voip 4521